DETENTION OFFICER RECRUITING
- Must be a citizen of the United States, 18 years of age
- Must possess a High School diploma or GED
- No felony or class A misdemeanor convictions; including
- No misdemeanor convictions, above the grade of class C within the past 10
years (Including DWI / DUID)
- No convictions for any family violence offense
- Not on court-ordered community supervision or probation
for any criminal offense above the grade of class C
- No pending litigation (criminal or civil) at the time of application
- Must be of good character and have a stable work and driving record
- May not have relatives working for the Arlington Police Department or on the Arlington City Council, or employed as a City of Arlington Department Head.
- Be of good character and have a stable school, work and
- Must have a valid Driver License.
- All Police Department Personnel must conceal all body art (tattoos, piercings, and skin branding) by the use of the authorized uniform or city authorized clothing.
Applicant must possess the ability to lift or exert forces up to 100 pounds and push/pull up to 45 pounds.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES THE FOLLOWING PRE-EMPLOYMENT CHECKS:
- Detailed criminal background processing
- Psychological evaluation
- Polygraph examination
- Drug and Alcohol testing
- Pre-employment physical
Contact APD Jail Recruiting at